[DML] Re: Non-ethanol fuel

This topic comes up in other car forums and car clubs too. This is a big problem for all older cars. The government is not worried about old cars except to the extent that they want them off the roads. Just look at the intent of the "Clunker" bill! As time goes on the fuel we will be able to get will get a lot worse as far as the older cars are concerned. The vendors will have to find parts that will be able to survive in service with the cr-p we will have to use. In the meantime the best advice is to use up what is in the tank and NEVER store the car for more than 6 months (even that is stretching it) with fuel in it. Now that the government is in the car business they will pass laws to make sure you get rid of your old car and buy a new one! Used to be the only ones running methanol or ethanol were the "fuelies" and "funny cars". Now we all will. Instead of making food out of it, we will be burning it up in our cars! Don't forget the zinc they are taking out of the oil. Expect increased cam and lifter wear.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, robert parker <roberthparker@...> wrote:

>   There is an interesting & informative article in my Feb. issue of the "Buick Bugle" (Buick Club of America's monthly magazine) on "Ethanol and the old car".  Basicly, NO!  And the situation has potential for getting worse. I'm afraid the only way I know of to share it with y'all, is to sit here & type it all out & send it off like this tid-bit. I don't know if info from The Bugle is available to download on line.   If you are interested, I will transcribe the article & include it in a DML post.   I did, however, use only gasahol for the first 9 months I owned my "D" in late '82-early '83.        Let me know.      Drive Stainless (and R-OH free)    Robert   VIN 6924
>
> > To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > From: tgraham@...
> > Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:02:10 -0600
> > Subject: [DML] Non-ethanol fuel
> >
> > This was discussed a while back, but I finally was near the place selling it while also having an empty tank, so here's a photo:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/ychpa4x
> >
> > Too bad it's no where near where I actually drive most of the time...
> >
> > Travis

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: