RE: [DML] Re: M5 Rivnuts (Fiberglass filler for installing new?)

RE: [DML] Re: M5 Rivnuts (Fiberglass filler for installing new?)

Hi Dave,

Actually Dave what I'm calling a "ribbed aluminum Riv-nut" is exactly that.
It has a solid body but ribbed sides that provide more grip. These are
stronger than either "jack-nuts" or "well-nuts" which "Mr. G" correctly
identifies as such. Jack-nuts have four open ribs quite like, as you said,
an expansion nut but are therefore WEAKER than Riv-nuts. Well-nuts are
rubber except for the threads and are the weakest of all. Whoever told you
that Riv-nuts are not intended for fiberglass must not have been talking to
the engineers at DeLorean and Lotus back in the eighties :)  You usually get
your talking points right so we can just agree to disagree on these small
matters! I'll send you a "ribbed Riv-nut" if you want to see what Travis and
I are really talking about and then you'll understand they are not the same
as Jack-nuts.

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

  _____