[DML] Heating system question

Hey guys, I just have a few questions regarding the heating system in the DeLorean. I've driven my car on many cold days and find that it seems to take forever to heat up. Even for the needle to move at all on the gauge it takes a good 5-10 minutes and once it is hot, the heat just isn't really that hot coming out of the vents. I'm not sure if this is normal or if there should be really hot air coming out like newer cars. In my new cars the engine runs for not even a minute and the vent air is semi warm already. I know that the coolant has to travel through aluminum tubes to get to the core which will allow the coolant to cool down so I'm not really sure if I'm just expecting too much. Does it matter which way the lines going from the engine to the aluminum pipes/pipes to heater core are hooked up? Does it matter if they are swapped? I know my thermostat isn't that old but could it be stuck open - would that cause this? How hot does yours get when you're running in 10 degree F weather and how fast does it heat up? It isn't just this year that I notice this, this happens every time the weather gets cold. Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated! -----Dani B. #5003

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)