[DML] Then and Now....Carrying a Delorean D.S.Fender aboard a Plane

[DML] Then and Now....Carrying a Delorean D.S.Fender aboard a Plane

In Light of the recent Terrorist Plane attack,it just brought back a "Way back" memory of when I was searching for delorean parts nation wide for my Delorean Restorations,as I had found a Mint Perfect(like new !!) Frame and other parts for vin 00570(in Rockford Ill.) and I did Not want to ship a Prized Perfect Mint Drivers Side front fender with the parts car,(I was afraid it would get damaged)so the seller and I found a Big enough box to put the fender into and fashioned a "suitcase" handle onto the box,and the following Monday(had to do a weekend stay as per the flight)I drove to Ohare Airport to board my plane...but got there a little late...ALWAYS make sure the Rental car Drop-off is AT THE AIRPORT!!...as the reason for being late...car drop-off was not at the airport...and if you get lost finding it....well you see what happened to me....anyway Even Tho I got there late they being GOOD airlines back then held the plane back(the car rental company called them to tell them I was on my way)and remember I had a Boxed Delorean D.S. fender with me,they waited the extra Ten Minutes for me to get there,anyway I got to the Terminal with the Big Box,and my Luggage...they charged me NOTHING extra for the big box and from my window seat on the plane I could see them loading the Box CAREFULLY into the belly of the plane...My point is that TODAY This will Never Be as the airlines Treat Passengers,from the Moment I got to the terminal to boarding was less than Five minutes,Oh yea they also served a full meal on such a short flight from Chicago to Connecticut...also there was ONLY about a Dozen passengers on my flight(hence one of the reasons they could hold back the Jetliner).Anyway Today if they would even take such a Big Box,they would most likely charge at least $100.00 to put it in the cargo hold and in no way could I board a plane in less than five minutes and forget about holding back a jetliner for a Passenger and Meals...a thing of the past...My how things have changed for the worse...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)