RE: [DML] Brake Fluid

Here is the transcript of a chat session I just had with the Castrol tech support guy:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'AL'
AL: Thank you for contacting Castrol.  How may we assist you today?
Joe: Hi Al. I
own a DeLorean which was built in 1981 and has Girling brakes.
Conventional wisdom in the DeLorean community is to use Castrol GT LMA
brake fluid because it is "vegetable" based and is compatible with
Girling brakes. Someone just posted a message in a DeLorean board that
GT LMA is no longer vegetable based. Please clarify this topic for me.
AL: Please hold for one moment while I look into that for you.
Joe: OK
AL: Thank you for your patience...
AL: GTLMA is
not a vegetable based oil, but can be safely used with natural rubber.
 It is a glycol ether based fluid, like the European fluids and
developed to be compatible with natural and SBR and EPDM rubber types
used in brake systems.
AL: GT LMA is
approved for older cars that recommend compatibility with Girling Brake
Systems and natural rubber seals. GT LMA combines both DOT 3 and DOT 4
performance and exceeds both specifications.
AL: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
Joe: Also,
supposedly Castrol GT LMA is (or was) the ONLY vegetable based brake
fluid available in the US which is why all DeLorean owners use it
exclusively.
Joe: So its
formulation will NOT attack the natural rubber seals used in British
designed braking systems? This has to be right because catastrophic
brake failure could occur.
AL: No it will not as stated above it can be safely used in natural rubber.
AL: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
Joe: Thanks!
AL: Have a great day!  Castrol appreciates your business!
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.
Joe