Re: [DML] Re: Starter run on.

This problem happened to me exactly as you are stating.  The direct red
power wire from the battery has come loose, and slipped down to make contact
with another part of the starter.  Remove it, move it up, tighten it, and
put something between it so it doesn't make contact again.

-Steve Cosgrove
Vin 1494

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM, jtrealtywebspannet
<jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Easy to check. Measure the voltage on the starter terminals. It sounds like
> the solenoid is sticking.Probably internaly. You are more likely to burn up
> the contacts inside when you are using a battery in a chronic state of
> undercharge. When you burn up the terminals the solenoid can stick causing
> the sarater to continue to run even after you release the key.
> David Teitelbaum
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>, "Stephen
> Jaeger" <sjaeger@...> wrote:
> >
> > Adam,
> >
> > When I reconnected the battery the starter did not come on. The starter
> run on only happened again when I tried to restart the car.
> > Could there be a short in the ignition switch sending continuous current
> to the starter solenoid?
> >
> > Steve

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional