[DML] Re: Fan blower motor

I've only see the 1-wire setup on extremely early (sub 800) cars. The 3-wire ground is normal.

Water gets in from outside if you pressure wash it in the front under the windshield, very occasionally in heavy rain with wind, and usually from a blocked A/C drain than causes the condensate to back up into the housing and slosh around. While you have the motor out reach in to the eft and check for leaves. Also find the drain under the car near the A/C bottle and try blowing through it.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, deloreanernst@... wrote:

> Pulling out my fan motor, I notice that there are three ground wires connected to the ground screw, rather than the single wire in the Shop Manual. Does this vary due to  production changes or are they all 3 wires in all cars?
>
> I see a pretty fair amount of rust on the upper side of the mounting plate of the old motor, but it wasn't wet despite being out in a torrential rain yesterday. Any thoughts on that paradox?  Where's the water coming from? AC usage maybe?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)