[DML] Key codes - get yours now!

>From time to time we'll get a phone call from someone who has lost their
keys, or most recently, just a bought a DeLorean with no keys.

On an early two-key system car, there is typically NO PLACE on the car where
you can find your code for your ignition key. So if you lose it, you're
pretty much screwed and get to visit a locksmith and get to pay to have him
make a key for you. Not easy, cheap or fun.

If you have a later, one-key system car, you can usually find your key code
written underneath the door headliner. In rare instances it may also be
written on a label affixed to the bottom of the steering column canopy. This
is easy if you can get in the car.

I encourage every DeLorean owner to make it a point to find a record your
key code somewhere in your permanent owner records that you keep for your
car.

If you have an early car, or can't find your key code, then the remaining
option is to send me a close-up (macro setting on your digital camera) of
the cut end of your ignition key and I can decode and return it the
four-digit code to you. With this code, a first-generation key can be cut
easily.

Regards,

James Espey

------------------------------------