[DML] Re: Brake and clutch fluid for storage

[DML] Re: Brake and clutch fluid for storage

I've only changed brake fluid and master cylinder once in seven years, and my delorean sat for 3 years while I was away a few years after the work was done. I also used Castrol DOT4 and upgraded to stainless braided lines when I installed the MC. Fluid is still clear in the reservoir. My calipers are original and still going strong! My braking system is still sound for daily use. MY clutch fluid has been changed a few times due to clutch replacements (yes, I have bad luck with clutch discs!), but also sat for 3 years. My point is that I think you can probably get away with leaving the brake fluid alone for a few years with no problems, and the same with the clutch. -----Dani B. #5003

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bruce Benson" <delornut@...> wrote:

> My DeLorean has aprox 100,000 miles on the clock and I've flushed the brake system every two years since new using Castrol dot 4. I still have the original calipers that have never been rebuilt and the braking system still works great. I did replace the master cylinder once. The only modification I've made is braided lines.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)