[DML] Re: DOA questions?

Questions below are prefixed with a "Q:"

Thank you in advance.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Haldeman" <jhaldeman@...> wrote:
> As the largest independent car organization in the world, the Association appreciates the support of its members in promoting the value, image and mystique of the DeLorean automobile.

> Members enjoy:
>
> -          A subscription to DeLorean World Magazine

Q: How many issues per year?

> -          Access to the largest network of DeLorean owners, both nationally and internationally. Members come from all over the world beyond the United States, to Canada, Mexico, Japan and Europe

Q: How large is the organization?  Does its membership really surpass that of dmcnews.com or dmctalk.com?

> -          Technical advice on the DeLorean automobile from our network and help line

Q: Define "network".  Is the "help line" a manned 24hr assistance tollfree hotline?

> -          Membership access to our website which hosts the 'DeLorean Cafe' forum and a wealth of information for the DeLorean enthusiast in the membership area (under construction now)

Q: Under construction?  How will it surpass what dmcnews.com and dmctalk.com already offer for free?

> -          10% off all DeLorean Store products

Q: Where can I see a listing of the parts you offer through your store?  I'd like to compare prices and availability of parts at your store vs existing competitors.

> -          And instant membership to all local Chapters and Chapter events

Q: All of which are held in CA, correct?

> 2. Where do the funds go? (All organizations should be able to make their treasury available to its members)

Q: The answer provided didn't answer the question.

Q: If Conde Nast (a world renowned publisher) is closing its doors on some of its flagship magazines given the current decline of print media, how do you expect to succeed in printing a magazine for such a small audience?  Why not instead just run a website or contribute to the pre-existing websites?

> 2) A first-rate, properly maintained and organized central repository of technical information of value to owners.

Q: Isn't that what the internet is for?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: