[DML] coil suppressor?

As I removed the mixture unit from the top of my? engine, I unmounted a small electrical component mounted in front (toward me) of the metering flap near the adjustment screw port. I'm guessing that's the coil suppressor shown in the parts manual on p 3-4-1 along with the coil. But in pictures of other engines, I don't see it.
-Is that what it is?
-Is that where it normally is found?

Wayne
11174