RE: [DML] Bright Lights behind AC Control

RE: [DML] Bright Lights behind AC Control

  Shortly after bringing my new DeLorean home, I noticed the poor design of having the Climate Control lights on all the time. I managed to get the dealer to move the wire from the ignition to the rheostat- a much more logical spot. They didn't charge me because of  a miscommunication on the Service List of "honey-do's".  Well worth it!   ;-)    Drive Stainless  Robert VIN 6924

> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:24:45 +0000
> Subject: Re: [DML] Bright Lights behind AC Control
>
> One more reminder to add to Elvis' recommendation:
>
> Make sure to "cut" the center spade off and do not
> try to "bend and break" it off with pliers, etc.
>
> Several DeLorean owners tried the bend and break
> method a few years ago and there appeared to be a
> rather high failure rate to the relay after the
> bend and break stresses are applied to the relay.
>
> A high-speed cut-off tool works very well and if
> you do not own one, borrow one to do this mod.
>
> Later,
> Rich W.

[moderator snip]

    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx