[DML] Re: RMP Relay woes?

Your symptoms also sound like it *could* be a bad (intermittant) impulse coil. Next time it dies quickly check to see if you have spark. If you do not then it is the impulse coil. With a bad impulse coil the RPM relay will not run the fuel pump because it is not getting any signal.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "roller822" <roller822@...> wrote:

> Hey guys, just need to throw this out and get a little info.
>
> Here's the scenario I've got. I've been putting some miles on my baby, 11196, lately and I've noticed that as my trips get longer the volt meter starts to drop, I've got a new alt, fresh battery and the system is charging correctly.
>
> I took the car home in what would be a driving rain on the 4th only to have it stall at a stop light near the house. I could hear the pump make its tell tale noise every other turn of the key. AAA was called, but by the time the wrecker arrived I gave it another try and she fired up, saving me a tow.
>
> The next day I took another drive and the same thing happened: I found fuse 1 to be getting warm(rmp relay?). My question is this.  What exactly does the RPM relay do, and does it rest itself when it cools after about 10 mins of sitting, will this relay also take out the fuel pump briefly? or is there a circuit breaker that is giving me a hint that it is heading for the trash?
>
> Thanks in advance for any info and help.
>
> John Kennedy
> 11196

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional