Re: [DML] Re: Rotting Deloreans

Yes, the car I shipped to Poland..  I was told that car may have had AT LEAST 800K miles on it.  I bought it as a parts car, and DROVE IT HOME.  The seller told me the car was used as a daily driver from the day he purchased it in 1981, until the day I bought it from him in (2003 or 2004??).  The car sat in my garage untouched for the most part (I started the engine twice, both times it fired right up), but then sold the car because I needed the garage space and had done NOTHING with it.

For clarity sake, I sold it on ebay and clearly listed it as NEEDING A FRAME.  True, I had no idea how bad it was because I did not spend much time under the car.

So, is this car back on the road yet?? Who is the current owner?  The engine had been rebuilt shortly before I purchased the car, it ran strong on the 60 mile drive home.  The stainless all looked good too.  As far as I could tell, the car was pretty much "all there", but the frame clearly needed major work or replacement.

I'd love to see the before and after photos.

Also, a note of interest on this car, the previous owner gave me a nice photo of it on a beach with the World Trade Center behind it.

--- On Wed, 5/6/09, welmoedj <joe.dalton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ever wonder what a really bad frame looks like: Ask Ed
> Uding for the frame pictures of Marc Levy's car that went to
> Poland. The epoxy was the only stuff that held totally
> rotten away parts together.
> Marc probably didn't know himself how bad as the epoxy
> seemed to be okay.
> I know how it looked, seen that car myself.
>
> Welmoed.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: