AW: [DML] Re: COMPUTER GOV.

Rick, manual shifting would be great, but there are reasons why nobody sold
a simple
plug in circuit where you can shift yourself.
If you override the governor there is no protection against shifting in
first gear
at high speeds anymore.

do it once wrong - your tranny starts dancing salsa - for the last time...

BTW - I do analyze defect PCB's at work every once and then.
I talked to a cap dealer lately and discussed with him several
effects of how they fail.

first of all - those caps do not see over voltage ! what they see is voltage

generated by that little alternator - and that is limited.
Over voltage would burn a hole in the aluminum foil inside the cap.
been there, tested it, took them apart, I tested it with several
caps as we had trouble with a series that returned too often from our
customer. the rubber seal was never pushed out.

high temps: the housing is deformed, larger caps have an over pressure seal.
our tiny ones don't - they push out the rubber !
HEAT ! NOT VOLTAGE !

Electrolytic Capacitors are the last electronic devices filled with liquid
that dries out over the years - and of course even faster when it's hotter
or when it starts to boil.

The alternator-signals are on that connector because there is a testing
device from Renault to set switching speeds/voltages. I have never seen
such a device in person, but I have pictures of one.

And Rick - yes I do have a pic of that mouse nest, I'll send it to you
soon :-)

Guys - whenever you play with that manual shifting stuff - please make
sure not to toast your tranny. even a real computer hooked up to do the
shifting can fail. they are more sensitive to EMI and software-bugs
and car electronics is a baaad environment.

Anyways - have fun,

Elvis & 6548 - now with Eibach Springs

Hi Dave.

Those are good ideas. Especially like manual mode. You could sell dozens.

Rick

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: