[DML] REBUILD OF STEERING RACK

This is a PS,

If you are running your rack with grease only, this is wrong, IMHO.  Look at the diagrams, look at the holes in your rack, look at your manual.  90W gear oil needs to go from the bearings, "ALL" the way out to the boots.  If the you have grease only in your rack, then the outer parts cannot be lubricated if you have an intrusion of sea water, rain water, or even beer.  Those rubber boots wear out, as most of us know, allowing the entry to who knows what.

The boots are there for a reason, to keep the 90W oil in, not to keep foreign crap out.  The tie rod bearings  need to be lubricated, 100% of the time.

"This has been added because one of my "sources" says use "grease" vice 90W oil".

Mike  TPS   1630

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: