[DML] YES, YOU CAN REBUILD YOUR OWN STEERING RACK!!

[DML] YES, YOU CAN REBUILD YOUR OWN STEERING RACK!!

Group and the 7 Folks that sent me personal emails,

The subject line says it all-----you "CAN" rebuild your own steering rack.

As most of you know, I purchased a POS that had been written off as not salvageable (been in sea water and was locked up tight).  I checked Houston--$399 with exchange, I checked Dallas--$250 with exchange, and I decided to try this myself.

Well, for approximately $0.78 in parts, about 2 hours of my time (the rebuild only), I have a totally refurbished rack.  Let me say, right up front, I'm not really a total Delorean guy, my specialty is MG's.  But, you'd be amazed by the amount of ideas John got from British Leyland, so I put that to good use in my rebuild.

I am writing up the "How To" as I type this, and have over 20 pictures to include, (I'll need some help with these--computer stupid).

Now, just so you don't think I did this all on my own, I want to thank Johm Hervy and his website (his pictures were invaluable) and I especially want to thank Matthew, for his help with the removal of pins in the steering bar, allowed me to finally disassemble everything.

If I can figure out how to enter the procedure in the the "How To" section, I will have it posted by this weekend.  Dave S.--I'll probably be contacting you for help again.

Mike   TPS   1630

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: