[DML] Re: The DeLorean Limo is on the Road (sort of)

[DML] Re: The DeLorean Limo is on the Road (sort of)

No, it is not an April Fool's joke.

For all those who are interested...

I thought I should make a mini-progress post here, since there
are so many more camera phones now then when I first started
this project, and with sites like Flickr and others, you may
start to see some in-progress (and in-transport) photos of the
DeLorean Limo over the next few weeks.  Most of these photos
will show the project in some "test fit" configurations only.

It became extremely obvious this morning that it is nearly
impossible to try to do a "stealth transport" of something
this big, on a huge flatbed trailer, so much so that I cannot
keep the recent progress undetected until it is more complete
so I thought it would be best to make a pro-active posting.
Although progress was slow for a few years, its "back on".

I also noticed some comments and speculation over this project
on another forum, and although I will let the eventual results
speak for themselves, its safe to say many of the comments and
most of the speculation is wrong, wrong, wrong.  Besides, if I
want to make a DeLorean Limo with 6 doors (vs. industry limos)
that is what will happen, since I am building it for my use.

So, if you happen to see some in-progress photos over the next
few weeks, they are most likely test-fits and not the finished
design.....at least not yet.  If enough of the fiberglass work
is finished by April 24, I may bring it by (on the trailer) to
the DMC Midwest Open House on April 25th.  Sorry, no promises
yet, but I should have a better idea in a few more weeks.

Later,
Rich W.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional