[DML] Re: Rich Mixture + hard start

Sounds like you have lost control pressure regulation in the fuel
system. Since it appeared suddenly, I would say you have something
going on with the fuel pressure regulator or the seal on the control
valve has become damaged or is leaking - among other things. Can you
rev the engine?

A very rich fuel mixture will ruin the cat before you hurt the O2
sensor. Don't let the cat get too hot - glowing red for very long will
do it in.

The next time you start it, disconnect the cold start valve - there is
already too much fuel in the system - no need to dump more. Let it warm
for a few minutes and see if you can rev the engine. A couple of heavy
acceleration moves on the throttle valve may dislodge contamination -
or make it worse - either way you are closer to solving the problem.

If the problem continues, check to see if any fuel is coming out of the
fuel pressure regulator vent - none should. Disconnect the vacuum lines
on the fuel pressure regulator and see if any fuel is running out -
none should.

Next take the cold start valve out and check to see if it is leaking
when it is suppose to be off.

The last thing I can think of right now would be to disconnect the
electrical connection on the frequency valve and see if anything
changes.

To isolate the problem you will probably need to put the fuel gauge and
system diagnosis tool on. It gets more complicated from this point.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lee Edmonson" <lpedmonson@...> wrote:

> Okay, so #02566 (automatic) on the Oregon coast has been running just
> fine on its weekly outings until recently on a cold (for the coast
this
> is near 32 F) day when I started it normally, and while letting it
come
> up to temperature in the garage it started running rough while doing
> its normal idle hunting.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: