[DML] Re: High idle post tune up

Check that the tube that goes into the bottom of the mixture unit for
the idle motor is in correctly. Check that the quadrant link is not
bent or twisted and is moving properly without too much play in the
ends. Recheck each vacuum hose for proper routing and connection. It
has to be something you did during your most recent work if it was OK
before.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jpalatinus" <jpalatinus@...> wrote:

> So I didn't take the intake manifold off to change the distributor
cap.  I didn't even remove
> the mixture control unit. I removed the 2 hex bolts that hold the
mixture control unit to
> the intake and the 4 bolts on the rear of the intake so I could lift
up the mixture control
> unit and reach the distributor cap.  I did some rearranging of
vacuum hoses to their proper
> configuration and normalized the idle for a little while, but after
going for a drive it
> started to rev on its own to ~3000 rpm.  I noticed that by
disconnecting the idle speed
> motor or by pushing on it I could normalize the idle too.  I think I
might try to switch the
> idle speed motor for the one on my other car, and see if that
corrects the problem
> If I remember correctly disconnecting the idle speed motor when the
car is idling should
> cause the engine to stop right?
> Thanks all for your helpful suggestions
> Joe P.