[DML] Re: eLectric DeLorean for Sale!

And *I'm* naive?  You need to wake up man.  As I stated in my
original post, this guy doted all over his car in every interview
I've seen him in.  Then all of a sudden he's selling it with no
explanation as to why?  That doesn't seem to be the least bit strange
to you?  You know people DO sell cars on ebay for reasons other than
needing money (ie the car is impractical; the car has something
majorly wrong with it; they just want to unload the thing before it
gets too expensive to fix; etc etc) so yeah I find it a little odd
that there isn't a reason up front.  Especially considering that the
rest of the auction isn't very detailed then I'm inclined to be a
little suspicious. I'm not trying to bash him (or you) for it, just
responding with my honest opinion so take it for what it is worth.

Jack

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, boB <Delorean3@...> wrote:

> Are you that naive? You want him to say he needs the money so he
> doesnt get his price? Why else is he selling it, because he doesnt
> need the money? Who cares why.
>
> Bob Cutrupi -
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 29, 2008, at 7:23 PM, "J" <delorean3@...> wrote:
>
> > Personally I think the most obvious thing has been overlooked
when it
> > comes to this auction and that's the why? question. I've seen this
> > car in person and seen several articles and clips on it and can
tell
> > that he was truly happy to have converted this car over to
electric
> > and enjoyed driving it. There is no mention of why he is selling
his
> > converted car. I don't need anything deeply personal because I
know
> > sometimes people sell them for a variety of reasons that are
nobody
> > else's business, but if he is simply selling it because he needs
the
> > money then state as much. Leaving out that information makes me
feel
> > like there might be something wrong with the car.  Not saying that
> > that is really how it is, I'm sure it's fine but again leaving out
> > the why makes me wonder why he is selling it. Just IMHO.
> >
> > Jack
> >
> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Dave,
> > >
> > > IMHO, the auction is incredibly short on information,
photographs,
> > etc.
> > > There is very little detailing the car and it is actually making
> > the sale look
> > > like a prank. To convince potential buyers to part with
$100,000,
> > there
> > > should be about 50 pictures, links to newspaper and online
> > articles about the car,
> > > detailed history of the conversion, what features are retained
and
> > which are
> > > lost, etc. I mean really, there isn't even a picture of the
> > motor. For the
> > > price you are asking, it may be wise to ask a professional ebay-
> > seller to
> > > make the page for you.
> > >
> > > I hope you find these comments helpful when you re-list the
> > auction.
> > >
> > > Andy
> > >

> > > In a message dated 9/28/2008 8:49:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > > doctorDHD@ writes:
> > >
> > > The electric DeLorean is now officially for sale!
> > >
> > > _eBay Motors: DeLorean : DMC-12 (item 230295875030 end time Oct-
> > 04-08
> > > 10:22:32 PDT)_
> > > (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> > ViewItem&sspagename=ADME:L:LC

> [...]