[DML] Re: Overheating in the fuse/relay compartment

[DML] Re: Overheating in the fuse/relay compartment

I agree that you should do all of the "simple", cheap stuff before
spending $$$$. I disagree that money can only be spent once! I have
seen many cars where the owner spent big $$$$ and still had a POS.
When they finally find a good mechanic oftentimes much of what was
done must be redone so you CAN spend money more than once! Maybe what
you meant is, Money once spent cannot be "unspent". The other issue is
that it can be very expensive to throw parts at a problem in the hope
of fixing it. Invariably you will replace perfectly servicable parts
and maybe not even fix the root problem. Proper diagnosis is VERY
important. Skipping that step and going right into replacing
everything you "think" might be responsible is not very efficient.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "welmoedj" <joe.dalton@...> wrote:

> I agree with Martin.
> Before do anything drastically like buying new parts, first start
> cleaning all contacts of relays, fuses, wire connectors, etc. etc.
> Shouldn't that help, you still can buy new parts.
> Money can only be spent once.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: