[DML] Stainless Steel steering shaft assembly

[DML] Stainless Steel steering shaft assembly

Hello Gang - I just completed the installation of a new all stainless
steel shaft and U-joint assembly in Winged1. My car has well over
100K on it, so it has been wanting a little freshening here and
there. A couple of months ago, I replaced the old bushing with one of
our Delrin parts (DPNW). Then, I replaced the steering rack a month
ago with one of DMCH's reproduction racks. That made a huge
difference in the feel and handling. Those are just gorgeous. There
was still a little bit of play at the steering wheel that we traced
to the upper U-joint. The steering was also somewhat stiff when off-
center a bit from corrosion in the U-joints. We sourced an all
stainless steel steering shaft assembly that features precision
needle bearings that are sealed for life. The quality of this
assembly is beyond first rate. Both U-joints and the shaft are solid
stainless steel. The fit was perfect, with no modifications required.
The result of the installation is steering that is butter-smooth from
lock to lock, and with absolutely no detectable play at the wheel. I
will keep you posted on the driving experience with this over the
next several days. Now that the fit is proven, we will have these in
stock (exclusively at DPNW for now) within the next week or 10 days.
Cost? Less than you might think.  I posted a picture in the photo
section in the DPNW folder.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Motor Company - Northwest
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC