From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Bryan Pearce
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:49 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] A/T new question

Rob,

My posting was not in regard to an automatic that I own.  It was a
reply to Tom's post about his auto computer problem.  As I understand
the computer, it will energize the solenoids in combination to select
first, second, or third.  Both solenoids energized should give you
first, one on and one off gives you second, and both off should put
the transmission in third.

If the computer does not have any power, neither of the solenoids can
be energized so the transmission would have to be in third gear.  Is
this correct?

--
Bryan Pearce
Pearce Design Components