RE: [DML] DOA and the Future - Long

My responses to each of your points:

1.  "Complaint should have come from the DMA President":
So a member of an organization can not feel offended or speak up?   I am not
in favor with the current DMA administration, but that does not mean that I
have a great deal of respect for my fellow members, the club I helped to
build, and how they are approached (or ignored) by the DOA.   Last time I
checked, we still have freedom of speech.

I personally posted about the DMA being left out after a direct phone call I
had with Ken Baker where he told me that other clubs would not be excluded
when coordinating events.   Do all of you remember when he told me that on
the phone?  Oh wait...right...that was the private call that I had to
initiate with Ken Baker myself.   Apparently he was ok to tell me that on
the phone but will not publically post responses like that in e-mail.    Now
its my word against his that he told me that, so none of you know for sure.
Yet another reason why responding via e-mail is a better solution.

2.  "No evil towards the DMA":
I am basing my "attack" (as you call it) on past DOA history, and my recent
conversation with Ken Baker.   Had Ken been willing to address my topics in
public writing, perhaps you might have seen the DMA being left out as an
evil act as well?

3.  "Late posts being approved":
Others have already commented...based on your own logic, you post should not
have been approved.  It's a "Dead issue", but thanks for kicking the dead
the horse a few more times Tom.  ;)

4. "Fear of DOA posting":
Ken Baker had no issues getting on the phone with me and telling me he DID
not have all the answers to my questions.  I was OK with that, but he is
afraid to publicly say it.  Why?   Fear of being attacked or misunderstood
is not really a valid reason.
Yes, I wrote an e-mail that was not worded well making mention that the DMA
was not specifically named/invited, BUT I responded and clarified my stance
later to which nobody seemed to be confused by my explanation.
I believe the reason why nobody will write a response is not because they
fear being attacked, its because they are afraid of one thing...PROVEN
WRONG.    People should realize that you can clarify your points, you can
alter your stance, AND...you can sometimes admit to being wrong.    I do my
best to openly state facts, my feelings, and my perceptions on issues.   I
also admit when I am wrong.   If everyone else was willing to do that, there
should be no issue posting comments in written form.  Just be enough of a
decent person to admit to being wrong when others point it out, and you can
no longer factually prove otherwise!

6. "Making mistakes":
Sure the DOA will make mistakes (we all do).  Ken Baker replying back to me
the way he did (and signing it as DOA president) was a mistake, just like
leaving the DMA off the original invite was a mistake.   Ken did not reply
back to this forum to apologize after I clarified my point to say "Sorry".
Why?  Because people don't like to be wrong.  Swallow some humble pie and be
a real person.  Make a mistake, acknowledge it, learn from it, move on and
be better for it.

7. Ken B's comment about the DMA:
Ken Bakers stab at the DMA was uncalled for, ESPECIALLY since he is DOA
president and signed the note as such.  If you look back at my first post
about the DOA, I CLEARLY stated that I had wanted to comment on topics
pertaining to the DOA, but did not do so in the past since I used to be a
DMA officer, and did not want it to appear as representing the club.   Ken's
comment (however true it might be) was in poor taste, and should not have
made from a man representing an organization.

9. "Call you to discuss further":
Sorry, I am not like other people and I don't have time to call everyone in
the Delorean Community for back door conversations and to spin false facts
and win them over to "see things my way".   I will gladly state my factual
comments in writing for anyone to see/review for accuracy.

10.  "Ken Baker's shoes":
The history of the DOA is well known.  Ken knew what he was getting into
when he stepped into those shoes (he told me that on the phone).   He openly
accepted that role, and all the of baggage that comes with it.  Now he needs
to be a GOOD leader and accept when he is wrong, publicly address questions,
and not hide behind 1 on 1 phone conversations.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680
www.grenexmedia.com