[DML] Re: Public vs Private.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I am guessing that you are assuming that many of the readers of the
DML are not familiar with your position and comments on the current
DMA issues.  You have made no secret that you support the current
Presidents disregard for the club rules.  I suspect your response
here is more against Kevin and I, then the topic at hand.  But anyway;

This is just another example of slamming people you don't even know.
Even through our private emails I asked to talk to you and you
declined.  I have no knowledge of anything Mr. Baker has done that
would suggest a "disregard" for club rules.  I am simply an owner who
has been in this community for 23 + years and I am tired of the
negative and slanderous remarks about someone who seems to want to
make a change in an organization that has been around longer than
most of you.  Your comment about me is uncalled for.

> Your response here, in a public forum, is permitted the same way
all others are.  To say the moderators were wrong to permit a late
post on the subject would also apply to your post, NO?  Yet, here I
am reading it on the DML.

Fair statement.

> But, with all that was written, I have to ask why it is OK for you
to make your statements on a public forum and then proceed to tell
people to contact you directly to continue the discussion??  What is
it with everyone trying to get the "last word" in public?  Do you
think everyone is that stupid?   or are you just trying to move the
conversation out of the public eye to hide something?

Is that all you have to say about what I wrote????  Have you no
thoughts on the real issues at hand?  Why, once again drag this down
to public vs. private???  Once again....here is the conspiracy theory
coming out.  Now you are suggesting I have something to hide.  This
is really very sad.  I will say again do not dare question my intent
Mr. Levy.  I have been in this community for 23 years and have no
reason to trust the DOA but I am willing to put aside my prejudice
and past anger about this group and wonder why you are not able to do
the same?

> You (and Ken) could just as easily e-mail me (or anyone else)
privately, but you chose to send it to the entire DML.  If you have
that ability, we all should.

Again, I have e-mailed you in private.  Are you now going to slam me
for posting this in public...But if I send it to you in private you
would also be upset with that as well.

> There is nothing anyone can say on the telephone than they can't
type in an e-mail or on this forum.  The only difference is that if
you speak on the telephone, you can always deny what was said or
claim a "misunderstanding".  In written form, with many eyes reading
the same statement, that is one less excuse you can use when someone
calls shenanigans on you!

It is unfortunate that you feel that anyone who wants to talk to some
face to face is somehow trying to play games. If you continually feel
that everyone is out to screw everyone, then perhaps you are
correct.  But, when each time someone posts something regarding the
DOA it is ripped apart for evil intent it begins to not make sense to
continually get the same kind of negative response from the same
people who clearly do not have any desire to make things better.

> DMA, DOA, or any organization established to serve some group
should never have anything to hide.  There is no reason that any
discussions related to these organizations should be private.

Again..."hiding"???......If communication face-to-face is "hiding"
then we clearly don't have anything further to discuss.  Some people
clearly want to create controversy, stir things up and sit behind a
computer and bang out posts that make them feel safe behind the
keyboard.  Once you ask these people to actually talk to you, they
clam up and are afraid of the confrontation.  There is nothing any of
us can do about people who seem to be paranoid and untrusting.  So be
it.

It's sad that you clump anyone who is willing to give the DOA a fair
chance into one bunch.  Even though I clearly explained my history
with the DOA you attack me as well as someone who is now "hiding" and
supporting breaking of rules.  I take offense to your accusations.

Please feel free to get the last word in, I know you will anyway.  I
must thank you however Marc as this note from you solidifies in my
mind that I must now join the DOA as a member to really support them.

It's worth it to me to show that even someone with total hatred for
this organization in the past has the clarity of mind, the openness
of heart and the willingness to believe all people are not bad.  If
there are others reading this forum that feel the same way I do I
would encourage you to join the DOA and give them this one last shot.

Tom Watkins

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: