From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of DMCVIN6683
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:35 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: Fuel tank baffle

There is no "correct" amount of gas level in the tank unless you are
not using the stock set-up then you need to run around with a reserve
of fuel that you cant even burn unless you want to have the fuel pump
suck up air. Seems like a stupid idea to have a full tank of gas but
only can use 3/4 or a little more of it and then have problems with
sucking up air.

When I had my Delorean I could drive it with the low fuel light on,
buy what you said that could never happen for you since you would be
below the "correct" level of fuel.

Man that is funny "if you keep the "correct" amount of gas in the tank"

Mark V

On Aug 18, 2008, at 1:35 PM, jack_landrum_3rd wrote:

> When you get to that point you should have filled up miles ago...
> I guess my point is the position of the baffle shouldn't matter at all
> if you keep the "correct" amount of gas in the tank.
> One question about something I've noticed in this post and on DMCTALK
> is the return line feeding into the baffle... Does that really matter
> at all?  The only slight advantage I could see is the fuel being
> slightly warmer coming straight back form the CV... I don't see why an
> extra line feeding the baffle on the original set up was worth adding
> or keeping...

www.dmcnews.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: