Re: [DML] One second crank or won't start

Re: [DML] One second crank or won't start

In a message dated 8/17/2008 6:54:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
deloreanernst@xxxxxxx writes:

Can't  remember how long it's been since I  replaced the
accumulator. Seven  years, maybe? Haven't checked my Cold Start  Valve spray
pattern in  the last two years, so I'll check that too. Thanks to all  who
responded.>>

Update: I checked the CSV spray pattern first since it was easier. Not a
drop. I cleaned it along the lines of John's suggestion: removed it from the
fuel line, let B12 sit in it overnight. (It evaporated overnight.) Put in a
little more next evening. Tested function by using two test leads connected to
power. Click. Click. Click.  :-) Reattached fuel line. Checked spray  pattern:
it's good. Reinstalled CSV.

While it was soaking overnight, I swapped the gray CPU plug and the blue  CSV
plug as others suggested. Car started fine, but seemed to be struggling  a
bit, like it wanted to stall.
With the newly cleaned CSV now reinstalled, I started then restarted my  car.
Or tried to.  :-(  Well, how about a plug swap now? Same  result. So, I guess
I'm stuck with replacing the accumulator. I've had the car  long enough that
things I did once before I now have to do again. Like my slave  cylinder too,
apparently.

Wayne A. Ernst
vin  11174
DMCTech