RE: [DML] Head liner

Some good tips but I advise against the clothespin idea. Some of the available covering materials are thin with a foam backing material is easily compressed. And they don't rebound quickly from the compression. If you were use clothes pins to clamp this material you might end up with semi-permanent to permanent indentations where the clips were. Proper use of the right spray adhesive, such as 3M Headliner adhesive, will cause the material to stick very will with no clamping whatsoever. Joe Kuchan

To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: daryl_scott32@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:54:05 -0700Subject: Re: [DML] Head liner

Jerry,Yes, the shaped forms are made out of a composite material that is somewhat fragile. These forms are held in with plastic "Christmas Trees" that are a friction fit. You will want to pull these forms away at these trees to keep the forms from breaking apart. There are trim removal tools that will assist with this and are pretty resonably priced usually. Once you have the forms out ( the large one in the middle will be a bit trickier with the visors and lamp to deal with), you can clean them up and then recover them with new padded headliner material. There are several places on the internet selling material and you will have lots of choices for colors and styles. For glue, I prefer the 3M heavy-duty spray. Plan on having lots of clothes pins or light clamps to help hold the material in place around the edges as you will need to wrap an extra inch or so of material around the back side. Have patience with the door headliner pieces as they are like bowls when it comes to getting the material stretched and adhered so that they look good.Just some tips. I did mine in an afternoon and while I had the visors off, gave them a good cleaning.DarylJerry Harry <jlharry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:How do I remove the head liner? Mine have both dropped down, I thinkthe old glue has completely turn lose. Can I remove the shaped form andre-glue the cloth to it ? JerryVin 4890 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)