Re: [DML] Video Of Carbureted PRV Intake Manifold Removal

Re: [DML] Video Of Carbureted PRV Intake Manifold Removal

Nowhere in my post did I try to convince anybody of anything.

Video was clearly identified as a curiosity only.

If somebody is convinced, I humbly suggest the evidence spoke for itself.

Surely you are not implying that a K-Jet manifold can be removed in 3
minutes 18 seconds.... (Next time I'll work a little faster to get it
off in less than 2:00).

The nomenclature *IS* curious -- K-Jet owners have a "Valley of
Death," I have an "intake valley."

One of the things I do while in there is turn the coolant distribution
pipe mounting bolts so that they will not seize to the block (a very
common PRV problem). I've also started painting those bolts with
CID-A-A-59313 spec antiseize (that's the US Navy's spec for steel
fasteners in aluminum threads):
http://www.submepp.navy.mil/Jfmm/HTM...%20V/V-I-5.htm. Sooner or later
those O rings will need to be replaced. I have no intention of that
little task taking more than 10 or 15 minutes.

Did you notice in the video that I do not have a metal pipe running
from the heater core back to the pump? Rubber hose will not rust or
corrode. Not trying to convince you of anything -- that's a simple
statement of fact.

You may also have noticed that I have no vacuum switch in the coolant
distribution pipe. With carburetion, spark advance is a single hose
from the side of the throttle plates directly to the spark advance
diaphragm (intake manifold does not need to be removed to do anything
with that line). Of course I have no K-Jet thermal electrical switches
down there. Again, not trying to convince you of anything -- that's
also a simple statement of fact.

Intake manifold does not need to be removed to access the slave
cylinder, coolant temp sending unit, heater core takeoff barb and
cutoff switch, and of course the ignition distributor/cap/rotor/wires.
As always, not trying to convince you of anything -- just stating facts.

I sincerely hope you are as happy with your K-Jet as I am with my
carburetor. If you are not, feel free to contact me off list to
discuss fuel delivery alternatives that may prove more satisfactory.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@...> wrote:
>
> Bill when I removed my entire intake (K-jet) and then reinstalled it,
> it started perfectly. I had everything in pieces when I did the VOD
> back in 2003. I am sure I am not the only one who has also done this
> too.
>
> Cheap excuse to pick on the K-jet again Bill to convince the world to
> go Carburated.
>
> Mark V

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional