[DML] Re: Low brake pedal

First check for play in the pedal linkage. If everything looks and
feels tight then you might have to adjust the pushrod. It is a rod
that comes out of the booster and pushes on the master cylinder. A
tiny adjustment goes a long way, ie, it is a VERY sensitve adjustment
so make changes in 1/8 to 1/4 turns. To get to it, remove the nuts
holding the master cylinder to the booster. No need to undo the
hydralic lines, you can bend them enough to move the cylinder forward.
You will see the pushrod, use two wrenches, one to hold back so the
rod doesn't turn, only the end. DO NOT MAKE IT TOO LONG. If you do the
brakes won't release properly. You already don't have much range, you
certainly don't need dragging brakes! You should also inspect the two
rear parking (emergency) brakes to make sure they both release
properly and they both grab when you pull the handle.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doctorDHD@... wrote:

> Tom and I just rebuilt the brake caliper on the electric DeLorean
and they
> car does stop much better.  We found some of the pistons where
frozen. The
> pedal however seems to go half way down before any braking action
starts.   It is
> not spongy or soft at all.  This does not seem normal.  New  master
cylinder
> time?  Any ideas?
>
> Thank  you,
>
> Dave Delman
> 1981 Electric DeLorean  Project
> electricdelorean.com
> http://evalbum.com/1482
>

> **************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the
live music
> scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!
> (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: