RE: [DML] Re: Plastic angle drive cap?

Back on what Andy said earlier about grease. I took a defective angle drive
apart and found that it was packed with grease. Because the grease was
packed in so tight and grease picks up dust and dirt it just becomes harder
and stiffer and over a short period of time starts pushing the gears apart.
Because the gears are so finely meshed they start jumping and slipping and
in this process the flex shaft starts twisting on the end and the damage to
the plastic cup is done.
I cleaned all the grease out, sprayed a little Poly 250 in it, repaired the
flex shaft end and it works fine now.
Don't pack them with grease, if anything get the grease out and spray inside
with the Poly 250 or equal and put the fitting back on or a screw to help
keep dirt out. Then if the damage to the gears is not done it may be ok.
I have contracted with a company to make a good one and offer at least a 1
year warranty. I think we have had enough junk.
John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional