[DML] The DMA is no more???

**Moderator's Note:** Please accept Marc's invitation to discuss this matter in the forum recommended in his post. I certainly advocate resolving this matter, but any ensuing flames would be inappropriate for this forum.

OK, maybe I am stupid. Can someone read the section of the DMA bylaws below and explain to me how with only 3 officers left, 2 of them can remove the third??

Quote:
> Section 11 Removal of Officers
> Officers may resign at any time. An Officer may be voted out of office
> by a super majority (4 out of 5) of officers. If the President resigns
> the Officers shall nominate and appoint a replacement for the remainder
> of the term by a majority.
>
> To remove an Officer a quorum will be 4 Officers. (Not including the one
> being removed)

Not to mention, with only 2 officers left there is NO CLUB. You can't have a quorum to take votes with only 2 officers!

Quote:
> Section 3 Quorum
> For matters pertaining to the Offices there must be a minimum of 3
> officers, of which 1 must be the President or Vice President.

I guess Dan and Chris have $2900 to split between them. The bylaws do say;

Quote:
> Any monies in the Treasury and other assets will be donated to another
> DeLorean club or non-profit organization selected by a simple majority
> of the Officers. This decision should be based on what club can best
> serve the remaining members of the DMA.

But clearly, they don't have to follow the very document that establish the entity... Hmm, entity.. Who exactly is the legal owner of "DeLorean Mid-Atlantic". I wonder.

If you want to discuss further, check out the new DMA forum over at DMCTalk.com, free from censorship by the last 2 people who think they still have a club.  I assume the moderators will not let too many more of messages of this topic through.

http://dmctalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47

This forum may be a good place to discuss how club members want to deal with this situation.

Thanks

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: