Re: [DML] Re: Lotus Esprit Rear Suspension

Re: [DML] Re: Lotus Esprit Rear Suspension

Bryan

I'm very interested how the joint works for you. I didn't realize that this
is what you have used.
As you know the way the trailing arm works it puts a lot of stress on the
TABs. As the suspension moves up and down from the center position something
has to move forward or back. The question is what... Normally the upper and
lower links limit the forward movement of the hub and that causes the
trailing arm to pull on the TAB. This is what causes the TABs to bend. I
remember that you have reinforced the TABs to be supported from both sides,
but that limits the movement of the TAB in the bushing. Since your setup
works so well and for so long you must have done something to prevent the
TAB to be pulled back by the trailing arm. I'm really curious to know how
you've done it.
I'm looking forward to your reply

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
dmctom@xxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com