From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:17:52
To:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Dear DMA Members...

"...what has become the most successful regional DeLorean club in the country."

How do you measure that success, exactly?  In the Mid-State club, we don't charge dues, we don't expect anything in return, and we don't fight.  Hell, we don't really even care if the website is that up to date (which reminds me, I better do something about that...).  All we care about is making cars run great, from custom to concours, and having fun driving them.  We have events, and tech days, and time to just hang out as friends, and we accomplish this all with no budget, no club officers, and no bickering.  - Just friendship and fun: now *that* is success!

DMA or DOA, a lot of us don't really have to care.  I've met some of your members, and they all seem like really nice people to me who care about the car and helping others (including Dan, who I think I met in Belfast).  Let that be your success.  If it's damaging your health, you care WAY too much.  If you think the DMA machine itself needs to be saved, ask yourself why, then stay in there and fight back. But the minute your heart rate goes up, it's time to re-examine why you are doing this.  It's just a ridiculous car (that I really like, too).

It doesn't matter what the bylaws say, or who the president is.  The people in your club are your friends, and I'd be willing to bet they will still be your friends even if you don't pay 15 bucks a year...

Jake Kamphoefner
1063 in STL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional