[DML] Re: Unprotected DeLorean Ignition Circuit

[DML] Re: Unprotected DeLorean Ignition Circuit

The stock PRV as installed in the Delorean does NOT have a PCV valve.
It pulls the crankcase vapors through the cold start pipe which has an
orifice.  If you had staining on the air filter it meant the fumes
were going the wrong way or the engine was leaking badly enough that
the ventilation system couldn't handle it all or it was
malfunctioning. I would check it out or this could happen again. In
doing ANY conversion/modification there are MANY things to consider,
things with the electrical or fuel systems should only be done by
people fully knowledgeable in their operations. This ventilation
problem may have been why your car was not running right in the
beginning. Doing a conversion won't necessarily fix an underlying
problem. In fact it could cause MORE problems!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar <fhudkins@...> wrote:

> David,
>
> Now that I think of it, the car was getting oil on the air filter
before
> the carburetor was installed. Not much oil at all, but isn't oil on an
> ai

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: