Re: [DML] DMC's DEMISE Why it failed

And for the Diehards(this will REALLY make you hate me) that "think"
the Bricklin had "nothing at all" to do with JZD and the car better
think twice about it....The Bricklin HAD everything to do with JZD
and even WITH him leaving GM.
Gullwing doors are not the only thing that the two cars had going.
Bottom line it inspired him to "Live His Dream"(How else could he
come up with that slogan if he did not try to live his dream
first,then later his nightmare :) In JZD's case to go
on his "own" and build a better Fastback DSV Gull-winged sports car
for the American market...Naming it after himself,using Government
funds,in a poor area,for the USA market by a American.Then leaving
the Government hanging  with tons of debits.And a lot of people out
of work.The ONLY difference between the Bricklin and the Delorean,is
that he HAD more money to spend for better engineering,and reverse
engineering the Bricklin,into his Delorean..in other words he either
improved upon the Basic Bricklin or re-engineered  just the opposite
of how it was done on the Bricklin.(See I told you you were going to
hate me)But keep reading on....

This will really boil your blood.....

Example:Build a car with mostly out-sourced parts, Change to rear
engine..but keep rear wheel drive,Delete hideaway headlights,make
bigger Quarter window(s) for rear view,improve the system to open the
G.Wing doors,USE a fiberglass body,but engineered in a different
fashion as the underbody and as a structural member,And STILL have a
built in safety cage/roll bar.(same concept)..No paint,...NO TAN
INTERIOR,...Add ashtray/C.Lighter (neither in the Bricklin)Make the
G.Wing doors COVER the windshield cowl, (Bricklin's did not),Do not
engineer the car with the Hideaway Windshield wiper hood design,
(Bricklin had that...even tho IT WAS JZD's INVENTION).Engineer the
car WITH major Safety Bumpers(but hidden)Redesign the frame to lower
the door opening/access.Re-engineer a way better interior,Engineer
the doors to be FULLY stainless,rather than sheet
steel/Fiberglass/acyclic,Make the majority of the cars 5 spd(
bricklin did the opposite)Stay away from Ford
engines..Engineer/designed his OWN taillights,(Pantara tailights on
the Bricklin)rather than use them from another make/model. Engineer
the roof panel "T" Shaped rather than the Bricklin's "H" shaped roof
panel. Engineer mechanical door handles,rather than
electronic,Engineer side skirts lower to the cars side profile, make
a flat hood design rather than curved,Louvers in rear rather than a
window,Engineer a mild steel Full frame,rather than a heavy duty
square tubing full  frame.Even going as far as not putting a full
opening windows(Bricklin had full opening windows)And put R&D Before
production output,(Bricklin failed to do that,JZD learned from that)
Price the car at one price(12k)then sell for 25K(Picked that up from
Mal Bricklin)Build up a Dealer network using existing dealers.Invest
as little of your own capital..but claim otherwise....but get as much
as you can from others. I know Lotus did the engineering...BUT it was
STILL JZD's final say as to HOW and what was Added/Deleted/materials
used/color choices/etc. There is JUST TO MUCH in common to say
otherwise.

Again Bottom Line JZD started his car from Scratch..but looking at
the Bricklin for BOTH Positive and Negative engineering Reference
(mostly negative ie:doing the opposite)

Then the final straw BOTH had 3 model years,both went belly-up by
their sponsored governments,Both were Bought  by the same Liquidating
Company,both had that same company finish their last remaining
cars/sold off by the same company/Store their Inventory/sell off
their inventory..can you see a pattern here.

Ok Flame suit on....
Claude.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Delorean3@... wrote:

> Matt,
>
> You make many statements in your post without any source or
proof.   Can you
> back up your statements?  You make a lot of assumptions in your
letter but
> they appear to be your own opinion which is quite negative
regarding  JZD.  To
> think that JZD would conspire to go public to defraud investors is
ludicrous.
> Its not how the system works. Let's see - JZD leaves GM, where he
was  making
> a huge salary and was probably destined to be the next CEO.  He
develops a
> scam to defraud investors out of millions of dollars.  But he  has
to develop a
> stainless steel car in the process so people would buy into  this
scam.
> Sounds like a winner to me.
> Some of what you are posting might be true, but I doubt the plan
was as
> sinister as you propose.  Its been 27 years since the stainless
steel  Delorean
> was produced.  I don't really care about your negative viewpoint.
All I care
> about is the car, the inventor (JZD) and my Delorean friends who
all  love their
> cars.
> Your opinion does not become fact because you post it.  Good luck
with  your
> museum.
>
> boB Cutrupi

> fuel-efficient used cars.      (http://autos.aol.com/used?