Re: [DML] DMC's DEMISE Why it failed

Bob,

How many former executives of DMC and DMCL are your personal friends?
 I am friends with dozens.  How many former executives have you spoken
with?  I've spoken with dozens.  How many personal journals, diaries,
and classified DMC & DMCL documents, letters and memos have you seen?
 I own thousands.

Perhaps you should have thoroughly read my posts and you would have
seen that I have a pretty good handle on what I'm speaking about.

Was the stock deal JZD's primary goal when leaving GM?  I seriously
doubt that, but that's what happened.  Also, remember that John wooed
away some of the top minds in the industry and, after everything fell
apart, these men were out of work, some for a long time.  He left much
destruction in his wake and destroyed several careers along the way.
Did he force them to join?  Of course not.  Did he deliver what he
promised these men?  NO, he did not.

Put down the copy of his autobiography and read the other source
material and you will have a good handle on what truly happened.
However, if you prefer to still believe that he was a true
philanthropist, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Please don't get me wrong, I love the car and the entire story, hence
my collection.  I had a car but due to lumbar problems was forced to
sell it.  I loved driving it and still miss it to this day.  I am just
tired of all of the inaccurate statements made about John's business
practices.

If you saw the museum at DCS 2006 and DCS 2008, then you would have
seen that I know what I'm talking about.  I also have many sensitive
documents which I did not and will not display, as the original owners
have asked me to keep these confidential.

Finally, you call JZD the inventor.  May we please have a credit for
Bill Collins who performed almost all of the early engineering?

Matt

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Delorean3@... wrote:

> Matt,
>
> You make many statements in your post without any source or proof.
 Can you
> back up your statements?  You make a lot of assumptions in your
letter but
> they appear to be your own opinion which is quite negative regarding
 JZD.  To
> think that JZD would conspire to go public to defraud investors is
ludicrous.
> Its not how the system works. Let's see - JZD leaves GM, where he
was  making
> a huge salary and was probably destined to be the next CEO.  He
develops a
> scam to defraud investors out of millions of dollars.  But he  has
to develop a
> stainless steel car in the process so people would buy into  this
scam.
> Sounds like a winner to me.
> Some of what you are posting might be true, but I doubt the plan was
as
> sinister as you propose.  Its been 27 years since the stainless
steel  Delorean
> was produced.  I don't really care about your negative viewpoint.
All I care
> about is the car, the inventor (JZD) and my Delorean friends who all
 love their
> cars.
> Your opinion does not become fact because you post it.  Good luck
with  your
> museum.
>
> boB Cutrupi

> fuel-efficient used cars.