[DML] DOA, and car club politics.

That was me!!  Although, not exactly what I said; It was something more along the lines of "it should be documented".  I am sure Ken B has the e-mail I sent him.

So, what is so wrong about having a public record of what was said?  Many of the complaints about the DOA have been secrecy.  Why is Ken B unwilling to simply publish exactly what he told you on the telephone for all of us to read?

Why don't you tell us what he said, instead of just how you felt about what he said?

Lots of people read the DML.  Isn't it easier for the DOA to get the word out on this list instead of taking 1000+ calls from all of the readers one at a time?

Just as a general statement, there are 2 reasons people get in to "politics" (even if it is as minor as the politics of a car club).  First reason is for power over SOMETHING (ANYTHING), ego and admiration.  The other reason is for the good of the community.  My experience has taught me that politicians who want to keep things secret are NOT doing what is in the best for the "people" (or members).  If they were, they would have no problem making sure it is well documented.  Even if someone becomes an officer "to serve", sometimes those people slowly become power hungry.  Keeping everything public is the best way to stop that from happening.... *ALL* clubs should heed this warning.  :)