[DML] Re: The Westers are doing well

(I hope I'm approved so everyone can learn that Ron is fine)
Thanks again for your concerns and comments about Ron.  To sum it up
quickly, there's a lot of info on the web about Vasovagal Syncope
(fainting) which can happen with or without heart problems.

The hospital says this sort of thing happens all the time and they just
needed to rule out the possibility that it may have been caused by the
heart.  RON IS JUST FINE!!!  (I get to keep him!)

If this happened at home (which probably has happened on a few
occasions), Ron would have just said, "I'm hot, going to cool off under
the ceiling fan in bed... see ya after my nap." and he would have been
just fine.  In this case, I think he wouldn't have been comfortable
resting on a row of chairs in the museum's theater room, so we
discovered "what if" when he couldn't give into a nap.

We stopped at a hotel just before Indy for the night, and we're all
doing fine besides Jaime's fever/chills.

EVERYONE in our caravan both ways are wonderful.  Yes, Marty, Sherri,
Laurie are like your favorite neighbors that would do anything for
anyone... seriously. Jake not only saved the day testing Ron's blood
glucose, but he also fixed my car battery/alternator problem along the
way (thanks for rubbing it in that your car had NO problems, Jake!)
Thanks Sarah, Eric, Dennis (and even the museum curators, and the out-
of-town stranger from the Fire Department who took over!)  Erica &
Jaime helped to fan their dad (although a squeegee would have been more
effective) and as mean as it sounds, they made sure to take photos when
the ambulance arrived...(horrible!)

The cars are cool, but the people are the best! -Cheryl

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "M. P. Olans" <mpolans@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>      I just got off the phone with Cheryl Wester.  She sounded really
> upbeat.  Ron is doing well.  Sounds like the news was as good as it
> could be.  Cheryl told me about how great everyone was during the past
> few days, specifically talking about Marty Maier.  We're really lucky
> to have folks like that in our community.
>
> I'm glad Ron's ok and that we have such caring people in the DeLorean
> community.  We're really lucky.
>
> Matt Olans
> VIN 16816

<*> Your email settings: