[DML] Re: Nice day for a car fire?

I drove past Farrar's parents house on my lunch break just now, and
noticed Farrar out back with his head under the engine compartment,
so naturally my morbid curiousty made me stop by. Like everyone
else, I totally had my doubts about the fire being electrical... I
just knew it was somehow fuel related from the carb conversion. If
y'all had a chance to see the car in person, you'd have no doubt at
all that it was indeed an electrical fire. The only damage to the
car at all is in the ignition distributor, it's the only thing that
burned. Anything that was even within inches of it was fine. I've
never heard of an ignition distributor spontaniously combusting on a
DeLorean though... but I'm guessing something about the stress
that's been put on the car the past week or so has done it. Farrar
drove from New Orleans to North Carolina, then to Pennsylvania and
back all within a few days. I'm guessing something electrical got
too hot over a prolonged period of time, and melted when the car
cooled from being shut off. Only when the car had been started back
up and got on the highway did the problem surface. That's exactly
what happened to my DeLorean when I drove it to DCS Pigeon Forge.
The RPM relay barbecued itself, but not on the 4 hour drive... it
failed the next time I drove the car. In any event, Farrar says he
and Bill are going to tinker with the car on a long weekend
sometime. I think I'll drop by and spectate while I comment on how
reliable my Crossfire is hehehe.

Louie Golden
Charlotte, NC
Previous owner of VINs 10115 and 5252