Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean Owners Association

Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean Owners Association

The sad part is, organizations like this always tend to go down the wrong path.  Specific "control" types never want to give up the power.  They always want more.  Officers who serve for the benefit of the members eventually get tired of fighting for the members and just walk away.... Leaving a void to be filled possibly by someone who is looking for the power trip.  Best I can tell, it is happening right now to the DeLorean Mid-Atlantic group.  I just hope they wise up before they destroy themselves like the DOA did.  As we see, recovery is a long and difficult road to walk, even if the new officers have the best of intentions as Ken B and Mark S claim they do.

Actions speak louder than words;

We have a DCS show coming up in Las Vegas (September 24-27 2009, see http://www.dcswest.info/).  We all know there are LOTS of DeLoreans in the SoCal area in the "control" of the DOA.  So lets see the new DOA promote the heck out of this show.  Blow away the attendance targets we have set such that we need to ask the hotel to give us more rooms.  I have my room booked already, how many DOA members do??  So what do you say Ken? Mark?  Get the word out to DOA members that they are welcome to attend the west coast version of the worlds largest DeLorean event!  I look forward to seeing the number of reserved rooms increase in the next few weeks.