Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean Owners Association

Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean Owners Association

In all fairness Mark S was at the show to represent the DOA and to get info for an article for the DOA magazine, and COULD have spoken up at the show
He was welcome to do so and I told him to GRAB me and get my attention
>From what I heard he did introduce himself to me while I was in show mode and as Johnny Sawyer can tell you if you blink I will disappear with so much to do and that is what happened. Unfortunately and he did try he did not get my attention and with the excitement of the night before and lack of sleep I am sure I said hi a few words and disappeared.
Some people are just not as forward as others and in this case he really needed to grab me but not knowing me that did not happen.  But he was there and I have had conversations with him on the phone and he is a good guy.

Ken

In a message dated 06/16/08 14:19:25 Eastern Daylight Time, jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
For too many years the DOA was an organ of Delorean One, controlled by
Ed Bernstein mainly to promote his business. It did secondaraly become
the one "official" voice of the Delorean community only because there
was nothing else. This was when the Delorean dealer network collapsed
and people were desperate for any information. The magazine was very
well produced and D1 also had a very slick catalog. They consolidated
the owners and kept things going for a long time. Once they pulled
back and disavowed "Chapters" they lost a lot of credability and with
alternate sources of information (THE INTERNET) there is less need for
a "National Group" such as had existed. James Espey deserves a lot of
the credit and the DOA did give him a lot of flack for what he tried
to do. That was before he became associated with DMCH. He even tried
to become a board member and they gave him all kinds of BS about it.
There have been many attempts in the past to find out about the
finances of the DOA and they NEVER released any information about it.
Bottom line, if the DOA wants to be a group of Delorean owners that's
great for the owners in California. I don't see what it really means
for anyone else. What benefit could there be for a Delorean owner that
lives too far away to go to any of the DOA's events? If you say the
Magazine, it has become more of a travelogue than a Club magazine.
That and they cut the # of issues per year. In today's era a Club can
publish an E-Zine and not even have to charge dues to cover publishing
costs and postage!! Time will tell what the "new" DOA really is. If
anything the DOA should help Ken host DCS '09 since he is going to Las
Vegas next year. That would show their willingness to become involved
since Ken's shows are now basically the national Delorean shows. In
all of Ken's past shows although some representitives of the DOA did
attend there was NO active participation. In DCS 08 this past weekend
several Delorean owners groups were represented and many of the
members volunteered to help run the show. In this case actions will
speak louder than words. IMHO if a Delorean owner wants to become a
member of a group (club) it has to be one that he can participate in
which really means that there are events held locally that he can go
to. I won't even start about all of the money the local chapters were
required to send in to the "National" and what happened to it. That
all happened a long time ago.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, boB <Delorean3@...> wrote:

> Wow! Ken if this is true I think I will end my involvement with the
> DOA. The DOA might just be DOA. How do you respond?
>
> Bob Cutrupi -
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 15, 2008, at 8:03 AM, "outatime81" <outatime81@...> wrote:
>
> > Ok....I'll say it. Many people will never re-join the DOA until
> > more of older/past board members either leave or pass away. While
> > many revere them for thier service to the community they were
> > obsessed with thier power over the community. Some used intimidation
> > to squash dissent.
> [moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional