[DML] Re: Want a DeLorean

Be warned that the Eagle engine swap is not exactly a bolt-and-swap
affair. For example the crankcase will not work. You have to use the
"Delorean" crankcase. The motor mounts will have to be modified too. A
 lot of work for very little, if any, improvement. A better way to go
would be to pull the stock motor, sell it, and stick a Stage I motor
in from DMCH. This is the way to go especially if your old motor is
dead. I am not sure what the cost is today but I am sure it is way
less than $10,000 even with shipping. It would require NO
modifacation. You would even recoup some money from the sale of your
old motor.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> No offense, but I don't think a 3.0 Eagle swap is
> exactly a "Modern" engine..  :)
>
> I do agree, it is a small improvement over the stock
> DMC engine..  But modern??  No way.
>

> --- James Wallen <james.a.wallen@...> wrote:
>
> > "Pay someone to do an engine swap $10000 - $25000"
> >
> > What?!  I can do a motor swap in a weekend, in my
> > driveway.  Eagle
> > 3.0's are no more than $500, and the time/labor
> > involve should be no
> > more than 10-12 hrs I would think.  Even at $100/hr
> > labor that's still
> > WAY under $2k for a motor swap.  Add in some fine
> > tuning and that'll
> > bring in your other $500 to make $2k.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional