[DML] History

A Delorean history--Sept '81 Delorean #03513 was built-Oct '81 it was
sold to its original owner in Birmingham, Al. by the Royal Oldsmobile
Company. I am Andrew Blackmon, I bought this car from the original
owner in Feb. '82. I have hated and loved this car for over 26 years.
I drove it ( between break downs) for the first 8 years and had
27,000 miles on it. My job took me on the road for the next 16 years
and old # 03513 sit in the garage and went to pot. June of '2006 I
dragged it out of the garage and dragged is the word, heck even the
wheels would not roll. After much thought including burning it,
blowing it up and just plain selling it for junk , I said hey we can
fix this. I loaded it on a transporter and shipped it to DMC in
Houston. Many, and I mean many phone calls later and over $40,000
later I had one of the best Delorean around, June of 2007 the rear
end, transmission gave me trouble so once again I shipped it to Texas
and had this all rebuilt or replaced. Right now the only part of
#03513 that has not been worked on, replaced, updated or improved is
the cargo net.I have put over $50,000 in this car in two years and it
is one of the very best Delorean on planet Earth.
I am now age 66 with bad knees and back and getting in and out of my
silver beauty has become a chore for me. I offer this car for sale to
any member of the DML who wants a car that has no problems, looks
great and runs even better. I will drive this car to the DCS if any
one wants a test drive and to see the documents on where the money
was spent I will be happy to accommodate.
If anyone has any interest in this car please contact me off list.
Pictures of this car are on the photo section under the title New
Delorean. Stage 11 engine, black interior(all new, seats, carpet,
headliner, dash, radio) heck this list can go on for awhile. 5 speed,
new everything, updated everything. This booger is one great car.

Andy Blackmon

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: