[DML] Re:A/C acting weird, is it dying?

The stock circuit breaker for the heater fan is 25 amps. The upgrade
is 30. Don't go any more than that. If the fan still cycles with the
30 you probably have "issues" with the wiring and/or the fan motor.

As part of the relay upgrade kit the cooling fan circuit breaker also
gets uprated from 35 to 40A. Again, if the fans cycle on the 40A
breaker same things to look for.

Refer to Parts Manual Group 3-7-4 Fig #'s 22 & 23 Notice that there
are TWO # 22's. One is also used for the door locking module. It
should be removed and a fuse used in it's place. I would use a 15 AMP
fast-acting so if the stock locking module sticks the fuse will blow
quickly before you melt your solenoids. With the fuse in place do not
go testing the door locks on and off too many times too quickly. You
will blow the fuse.

As for cooling, it does get hot in that area! High ambient
temperatures will derate ampacity. What this means is a 15 amp (or any
size) fuse or circuit breaker will not carry it's rated capacity if it
gets too hot because the area it is in is hot. Wires and connectors
too! One tip is to remove the cover for the fuse holder. Keep it
nearby, just not over the fuses where it can trap the air allowing all
of the fuses to get hotter.  Ait holes in the wood cover can help as
can opening the wood cover and folding the carpet back. A tiny fan
can't hurt either.

You can get these circuit breakers and the whole kit from any of the
vendors or you can go to an auto supply for just the circuit breakers.

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar <fhudkins@...> wrote:

> Go to an electronic parts store and ask for a Type I circuit
breaker. If
> memory serves, the stock one is 40 amps, so shoot for 45 or 50.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Farrar Hudkins
> #2613 (auto)
>

> Kevin Abato wrote:
> >

> > I have this issue too.
> > I replaced the fan a few years back but it still occurs. Where can
I get
> > that upgraded breaker?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional