[DML] Re:A/C acting weird, is it dying?

I had nearly the very same problem.

Likely, your circuit breaker (CB) is overheating/blowing and shutting down the AC.  Once it cools a little (and resets) the whole AC/Fan function will be restored.  There's a replacement CB available that's 5 amps higher than the stock and may help too.  Check the wires that feed/exit the CB in the electrical compartment.  If they are even a little stiff, burned, old, they can produce significant heat which equals resistance and will cause the CB to blow.  As the environmental temperatures climb, so do the temperatures in the electrical (fuse/relay/CB) compartment, preloading the CB's, causing easier trip.

I just replaced my old (overheated) jumper wires on mine, also removed the old spade connectors which corrode and become less efficient over time, splicing directly onto the leads and replaced the spade connectors that go to the CB terminals.  I have not had the CB blow since then.

Also check the little rubber hose on the fan motor to be sure that it isn't obstructed and to be sure it is blowing into the fan motor, not pointed out to the floor space.  It's there to try and cool the fan, thereby reducing it's heat-developed resistance, too.

Hope this helps.

Craig Werner
07181

<*> Your email settings: