RE: [DML] Re: Original Shop Manuals

this is an excellent idea. I too would be willing to pre-pay for an updated manual

________________________________

From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Tom Tait
Sent: Wed 5/14/2008 12:35 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] Re: Original Shop Manuals

The monetary reasons for not doing it are probably a big factor, as you suggested.  I'd be willing to pre-order updated documentation though. I'd want a hard copy, but if enough of us pre-paid that should be possible too.

Perhaps a committed could meet to at least identify all the errors and missing items from the current shop manual, as well a a list of resources that might be added to the new one (photos from How-toos, etc?)

It might then make sense for one of the vendors to come up with a plan for updating the manuals, including a list of all the proposed changes, and offer it for pre-sale.  Obviously they could give comp copies to anyone who made a significant contribution to the process.

Tom
10902