[DML] Re: DeLorean Thoughts
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] Re: DeLorean Thoughts



I don't care about the value of your particular car, I was speaking in
generalities when I mentioned your car. IMHO a Delorean with that type
of modifacation will have a diminished value. I am sure you can agree
that we are all just caretakers of these cars. None of us will live
forever, someone WILL wind up with your posessions one day. That
includes your "D". This discussion is not about the value of YOUR car,
it is about the value of any Delorean with a major alteration. My only
reason for pointing this out is that anyone contemplating a major
alteration must also consider it's potential effect on the value of
the car. Think of it like an alteration of a house. For anybody
considering altering a house it is only good sense to consider what
it's affect will be on it's resale value. Maybe you don't care (you
say you don't) but others who might consider carbureation may. The
main problems as I see it with the K-jet is:

Age (as parts wear out they need to be replaced. It is after all 25
years!) Think accumulator

Dirt (a lot of dirt can collect in 25 years and maybe it got stored
for a large portion of that time with a lot of stale gas)

Unknowledgable mechanics doing their worst to "fix" it. (On some cars
more than 1/2 the problems are related to the fact that many hands
have worked on the car and most of the time they did not do things
correctly or use correct parts) This includes the fuel system. Some of
the most creative wiring can be found in the fuel pump circuit!

Even carbureated cars are susceptible to these problems. The answer is
not to abandon the K-jet but to just get it back into shape. That is
unless you just want to be different and experiment. Nothing
inherently wrong with that, just don't try to tell everyone that
carburetion is better. These are just my opinions, not Ken K, Mark
Levy, the DCS 08 Show, or anyone else. You are just as welcome to come
as Curtis is with his car or D Rex, or any of the other modified
Deloreans. In fact Ken goes out of his way to make everyone welcome.
If you choose not to come don't blame anyone but yourself.

David Teitelbaum
vin 10757


--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:
>
> Your argument disintegrates at "consequences to the value of the car
> in the eyes of prospective buyers."
> 
> There simply are no prospective buyers of #5939. It will never be sold
> in my lifetime. Whatever happens to it during the settlement of my
> estate has absolutely zero bearing on cost/benefit analyses while I am
> alive. 
> 
> Why in the world should I care if an unknown future owner decides to
> go back to K-Jet? I'll be too busy dancign with the angels. Why in the
> world should I diminish my earthly driving experience for the benefit
> of a potential future owner who very well may never exist (if I live
> to be 80, #5939 will be 63 years old -- the poor little car may not be
> worth ANYONE owning by that age).
> 
> You definitely worry too much about selling my car.
> 
> Bill Robertson
> #5939

------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    mailto:dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive