[DML] Re: Speedo gear rpm.

Almost, Tom, almost :-)

100kph -> 1000rpm
100kph = 27.78 m/s
1000rpm = 16,67 revolutions per second.

this means one revolution = 27.78m/s / 16.67r/s = 1,667 meters :-)
(for the non-metric guys - it's a lot of feet :-)  )

the 1-2mph offset that I got is pretty good, you
probably won't find a more precise speedo out there.

The one I have now was converted to metric and recalibrated
by someone (a shop ?) and it is off by 7kph @ 170kph
which is they way the normally calibrate those speedos.
If I ever take it out again I may recalibrate it :-)

And because it is so much fun, the drivers side window
drive failed right after I installed the speedo :-(
Hey Ken, are we going to have engineers from back then at
the show ? I'd like to ask them how many Guiness they had to
drink before they were allowed to develop that stuff....

Elvis & 6548

> Hello
>
> Believe it or not, but our cars are metric. This means that the
speedo is
> calibrated for 1 m = 1 turn. This gives us 100km/h = 1000rpm. This
explains
> why your speedo was off by 2mph... 100km/h is 62mph ;)
> The angle drive has the gears at such a ratio that for every one
meter
> traveled the cable makes one revolution.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Tom Niemczewski
> vin 6149 (in Poland!)
> Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
> dmctom@...
> www.deloreana.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional